Saturday 18 July 2009

Unused

I have been working on several projects over the past few months. I don't have much time to devote to sideline work, so I have been grabbing five minutes here and there where I can. In any event, one of the projects won't now come to fruition. As such, I am posting an original draft from one of the pics that were initially drawn up to to form part of the framework. At some point, the realisation struck me that I would be working on this particular project for about two years before it would be finished, which seems like an awful waste of time for such little gain. I have always believed that any project is a temporary endeavor to produce a set of deliverable's. Within that, there should be a deliverable scope. Unfortunately, with this project I kept suffering from scope creep. Scope creep is where the scope of the project starts to shift and spread in varying directions, and the original project starts to become something more than it was, or a pale and amusing derivative of its former self, all with marginal gain. In itself, scope creep is not necessarily a bad thing, but I think an overall project evaluation is needed when it starts to ingress. In this instance, the scope creep force the realisation upon me that the project was ultimately not time worthy.

2 comments:

  1. i was looking for a follow widget! nice blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jimmy, I appreciate the comments! :)

    ReplyDelete