Wednesday 29 July 2009

Tears from Iniquity

This was a piece fashioned a long time ago. It was borne out of the notion of evil being finite and not at all immeasurable. In this picture, evil took the form of a demon woman. It also negotiated and wrestled with a philosophical question that has rambled around my mind for decades; does pure evil have a soul and if so, what experience could bring that soul to the fore? And should she (evil) realise she had a soul, understood its meaning but for a moment, would she grieve and lament her preceding actions? If she did, should that happen, what would she look like within such a moment of recognition and consciousness?

7 comments:

  1. hey! you've got some really nice and interesting things here. i believe i will be back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shadow, that's great to hear and thanks for popping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following my blog! I really dig your stuff, it's pretty inovative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the "follow" of my blog:) My first impression: I think that evil does have a soul, otherwise evil would not play on our feelings. Interesting subject!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeannette, I think you are right, it makes sense that evil would have a soul and would have the capacity to acknowledge it also.

    to '***' - you've a great blog, really impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes even evil has a beauty people cannot deny is alluring and magical

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh if evil did have a moment of awareness of the harm she/he has afflicted upon the innocent... I've often wondered how, and why, evil people do not seem to have a conscience--they just go on & on leaving their marks on hearts, on souls, on memories. I enjoy your blog, and work. Thanks for following me. I'll be back~

    ReplyDelete